Monday, May 25, 2009

Some cool things about Trent lately

Trent's been cracking me up lately. His grasp of the English language is amazing and he's busting out words I'd never expect to hear from him. On Saturday when we were coming down the stairs he noticed that Onyx had thrown up a little bit on the stairs and he said "Oh Oh! Onyx! Puke!" Then he said "clean it! Towel! Get towel. Clean Onyx puke". Which was funny in and of itself, but then the icing on the cake was when he got a towel, went back up the stairs, and started rubbing the carpet!

Yesterday he made me and Brian so very proud. He actually asked to sit on the toilet. When I confirmed what he had asked me he said "Yes!" and then pulled his shorts down and said "Diaper off!". He didn't actually use the toilet, but this is a sure sign that we're ready for potty training. Later on he did it again. This time I showed him how to tuck his stuff down so that he didn't pee in mummy's face :-)

He's still very fond of giving me bogeys. Brian encourages it, of course, because he thinks it's hilarious when I gross out. Nothing says love like accepting a bogey from someone while holding back spew.

No comments: