Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Weekend of recovery

This past weekend was Labour Day weekend, so Monday was a holiday. I spent a lot of my weekend at home recovering from this awful illness, and a lot of it hanging with Barbie. I re-covered the dining room chairs with this awesome red fabric and made 3 pillow covers to go over the existing couch pillows. Then Barbie and I went shopping and I got some more fabric to contrast the red. It's kind of a gold silk. I made 2 more couch pillows. The house is coming together nicely... I might repaint the living room a different colour, though. I still like the red, but the sage colour is getting old.
Brian had a pretty full Sunday... He ran 6 miles with me and Jenny V on Town Lake, then he went tubing down the Comal River with Mike, Tara, Austin, and Andy, then I joined them all plus Jay and Erin for some boating on Lake Austin to listen to the Bob Schnieder concert at The Pier. After that we went back to Mike and Tara's for a game of pool and some hanging out.

Yesterday Brian and I slept late... I haven't slept past 9am for months so it was really nice. We then tackled the garage. Now that the waverunner is gone, it's realistic to think that we can put both cars in the garage. We just had to be creative about where to put things. So we moved out a table and moved shelves over. We hung a huge carpet remnant on the ceiling using a rope to hoit it up there. all that remains now is to hang the bikes, then we can get both cars in the garage. Of course, the trash can has to go some place else, and the stupid home owners association won't let us keep it outside where it's visible and easy to get to. I'm thinking about erecting some lattice fence down the side of the house to put the trash can behind.

Today I feel about 85% ok. Still got a cough and a bit of congestion, and a big sore in the back of my throat, but in all it's an improvement over the past week.

No comments: