Monday, May 26, 2008

Indy 500 weekend... in Austin :-(

This weekend Brian is enjoying his birthday present, which is a Trip to Indiana from me, and being hooked up phat with a badass view of the Indy race, plus a place to stay strolling distance from the track, from Kevin. He sounds like he's having a blast, unfortunately, he forgot to take the camera so there won't be any pictures from his experience.
Meanwhile here in Austin, we've been having a mixture of fun and frustration. Our weekend included happy hour with Mike, Tara, Nick & Jethro, painting Barbie's office with Andrea. Hanging with Brian, Michelle & Aria, Andrea, Barbie & Scott. A visit with Mike while he removed the dog run from our back yard. Some shopping with Barbie to find outfits for me and Trent for Jenn's upcoming wedding! a 12K run, several naps, and a visit to the pool.
Trent's had a bit of a rough weekend and has been more difficult than usual. At first I thought he was testing boundaries because his daddy's away, but when he bit me on Sunday morning I realized the root of all my frustrations was a little tooth! poor Trent had been trying to tell me he was in pain and I wasn't listening! In a last ditch effort to get through to me, he grabbed my finger and stuck it in his mouth! OUCH!
Today Trent learned how to walk behind a his toy lawn mower... well, it's not really a lawn mower, but that's the closest thing it resembles. He'd been too afraid to let go of my hands in the past but today with a little coaching he pulled himself up on it and took off! GO SPEED RACER! the kid's FAST!
Onyx isn't feeling well. In addition to Trent keeping me up all night on Saturday night, Onyx woke me up with a low-pitched meowing. She's peeing outside the cat box, so I suspect she's got another UT infection. Probably not bad enough to go to the emergency vet, but certainly we need to get her on some meds first thing Tuesday morning. I've been feeding her soft food in an effort to hydrate her a bit more. I figure the more fluid she gets, the faster it'll flush things out of her.
I'm looking forward to Brian getting home. We all missed him, especially me :-)

No comments: