Monday, May 12, 2008

Mum's the word


Well, yesterday was my very first mother's day as a mum. Trent did an awesome job :-) He and daddy made me breakfast, which consisted of delicious orange rolls and a cup of tea. We ate outside on the patio. Trent made me a card at daycare, and the cats and fish sent daddy out to get a card for me as well. Such thoughtful pets I have. Trent's card was sooo cute, it actually made me tear up. What got me was how they had written "mummy" instead of "mommy" on the card. Just another reason why I love his teachers. They are so thoughtful and really pay attention to the little details like that. Homemade cards are the best!


Trent is such a thoughtful son. I had mentioned quite a while ago that I liked garden gnomes because they remind me of home. I guess he was paying attention because he bought me this cute little gnome and put it in the perfect spot in the back garden.



After breakfast Trent and I went for a run while Daddy mowed the yard. It was such a beautiful day, with bright sunshine and a cool breeze. I hadn't ran in a week due to illness, so I needed it. We ran 13.5K! I felt great afterwards.

We spent the rest of the day playing and shopping, two of my favourite passtimes :-)

I got quite a few text messages from my awesome friends wishing me a happy mother's day, and I left a few messages to wish the mommies in my life a happy day.

A very good day. The only thing that could have made it better is if my parents were here. They're currently soaking up the sun in Greece after a 7 day cruise. Only a few more months till we see them, though! I miss them SOOOOOOOOOO much.

No comments: