Tuesday, September 02, 2008

5 party weekend and a shy half...

This weekend was jam-packed with fun. You know it's a good weekend when all your days have blended into one big one, and you can't remember half of what you did. There were many, many parties this weekend. Some of which I was able to attend, and others I had to regrettably forgo. I would have liked a time machine this weekend, that way I could have attended all of them, and perhaps even repeat some of the highlights. Aside from socializing, I did quite a lot of moving my body this weekend. On Sunday I did a grand total of 12.5 miles. Just shy of a half-marathon... ok, it sounds impressive when I say it like that. Truthfully, though, I only ran 7.2 of those miles. Trent and I did our usual Sunday morning run, then later in the day, Brian suggested that we walk to Home Depot. We needed to go there to get some keys made, and it's just over 2.5 miles from us, so that made for a good walk there and back. We saved money on gas, did something good for the environment, and burned a few extra calories.
Sunday night was an absolute blast and Michelle and I are still smiling about it. Monday morning came too soon for me. As I told Joe on Sunday night "my alarm clock has no snooze button". And after a few brief, but enjoyable, hours of sleep, Trent was up and ready to play! We spent some time at the pool on Monday morning, followed by running some errands, which included a trip to the Learning Toy Store, and then we attended one last party to cap off the weekend. We feel so lucky that our friends have welcomed Trent into their lives and are so happy to see him at parties. Of course, he's in his "fun" phase right now, where he's still cute, and very funny to watch as he discovers his world. Another reason why I would like a time machine. I'd freeze time so he could be this age for just a little while longer.

Only one more week until we leave for Switzerland! So much to do, so little time. Why am I spending time blogging??? because it's distracting me from the mountain of work that piling up that I just simply don't want to do! I have a case of the idontwannas!

No comments: