Thursday, September 04, 2008

It's the final countdown!

Ok, for those of you old enough to remember the rock anthem by one hit wonder "Europe", the devil in me hopes that song gets stuck in your head for a bit.

What I'm referring to, of course, is the countdown to our trip. After reviewing my progress on languages, for French, I can say I am at least at an intermediate level. For German, which I haven't been brushing up on, I'm still a beginner, and for Spanish, I am very much a beginner. But hey, it's progress. I highly recommend the podcasts on the www.radiolingua.com web sites if you're looking to learn a new language. They will definitely get you started.

This week I'm putting all the checks and balances into place at work. Prepping people for my absence, writing a list of things that should be done while I'm away, and where to find everything they will need. My goal is to have everything wrapped up by the time I finish tomorrow so that I can spend my weekend and one day next week focusing on things at home. On the home front, keys have been issued, instructions written, and there will be a human presence every day to love on the cats and fish. Sweet! A big thanks to Jen and Mike, and our wonderful neighbour Jim for all their help.

Today I met with our awesome travel agent, Viji Krishna, at Tramex Travel. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. She's very detailed, and extremely sweet. She even told me to call her at 6am at home on the day we fly if we run into any issues. Note to self: When I get back, I will send her a thank you gift.

I have so much left to do and I can't quite get my head around it! Luckily for us, Aunt Tara so kindly offered to take Trent for a while on Saturday so we could focus on what we need to get done.

And in all this madness, tomorrow I am making time to get a pedicure. Over the weekend I am making time to remedy the sasquatch issue that Brian's been a bit freaked out about lately - yes, my hairy legs have actually started to freak him out. Note to self: check to see if you still have wax and strips :-)

Eeeeeeeee! I need a massage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a good vacation. i am just listening to a bit of roxette while studying for the NCLEX exam so we can move stateside!!!
Love ya all
mel xxx