Friday, August 15, 2008

Mama Mia!

I have a few minutes while my plug-in builds, so I wanted to write a brief blurb regarding the movie Mama Mia. Having not seen it on Broadway, which I would have loved, I have to say I was very entertained by the movie. Though Merryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan won't be winning any Grammies for their singing abilities, they actually did a fairly decent job. I was expecting the movie to be way cheesier than it was. It was a total girl movie, though. I can't imagine for a second that any guy would appreciate it. But for a girl it's got some very key things that we like:

ABBA
Pierce Brosnan
The beautiful backdrop of a Greek island
Very cute boys
Pierce Brosnan half naked
Very fun older women who we hope to be like some day
Colin Firth
Pierce Brosnan in a wet white shirt
Romance
Did I mention that Pierce Brosnan was in it?
A happy ending
And last but not least, Pierce Brosnan

The closing sequence was pretty funny and the men show up in ridiculous costumes worthy of the next halloween. Certainly not what you'd expect James Bond to wear, but I guess even Bond has to go under cover from time to time ;-)

Thanks to Jen for going with me. Brian thanks you too, because now we don't have to rent it on Netflix.

No comments: