Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New furniture

This past weekend we went to Ikea and picked up some cool new furniture... itty bitty furniture for our itty bitty human. We've been wondering what to do with our game room upstairs. It's basically just got a sectional in it. But we spend time up there playing with Trent and his toys have naturally gravitated to that space. SO what better use for it than an official children's play room?

We picked up a rug, a round kid's table, chair, and stool, a cool kid safe mirror, and some storage bins for toys. The room still needs some help to pull it all together, but Brian was such a good sport to go along with the current set of purchases, that I didn't want to push my luck ;-)

We use the rug as a focal point to sit and read. Trent's starting to sit on my lap as I read fairy tales to him. Last night he was just so cute and cuddly I had a hard time putting him to bed because I wanted to spend time with him while he was sleepy and chilled out. Last night's story was "The Frog Prince".

In milestones, Trent is officially on regular food now. We no longer use the processor to mush stuff up for him, I just now make everything bite sized for him and he eats it with his hands. He hasn't mastered the spoon yet. He holds it while he eats, but still grabs hand fulls of what ever's in his bowl and wrestles it into his mouth. Tonight was Lasagna. Oh my! what a mess. He's walking all over the place now, too, and is figuring out how to get down the stairs. He's also using signs a lot now. Over the weekend we had thought that Trent was tired because he was acting a little fussy, and he actually told us what it was with a sign... He was hungry! Hooray for sign language! It's funny to me how the smallest things he does are huge deals to me and Brian.

Tonight was bath night followed by Cinderella. He sat on my lap and listened as I read, then with eyes rolling, he obligingly went night-night. Once again I had a hard time tearing myself away from him because he was just sooooo cute. I sure do love the little snot face.

No comments: