Saturday, July 30, 2005

Fun day off

Brian and I got Friday off. A management designated holiday for our entire team in recognition of all the hard work we've done. We got up early and went wakeboarding on Lake Austin. I practiced my new trick, and Mike and I encouraged Brian to try it. He did it on his first attempt. I was so proud. I'm learning to cut across the wake with my board backwards now. I've found the more comfortable I get doing it backwards, the more confident I feel when I ride normally.

We got off the water around 1:30 and headed to Chipotle for lunch. It started raining really hard as we got there and we had to make a mad dash in the rain into the restaurant. It was entertaining, though, and I love the rain so I didn't mind too much. We had planned to take the rest of the afternoon and go to Rocky Hill Ranch out in Bastrop, but the storms were surrounding the area so we decided to go hang out at home instead, then meet freinds for Happy Hour at Shirlocks.

After Shirlock's we went to Mike and Tara's to grill burgers, drink, and hang out. All in all it was a great day off.

Today I got up with whiplash in my neck though from one of the crashes I took when we were wakeboarding. I felt it happen. It was about my third to last run and I hit the water face down and it snapped my head back. I remember thinking "that's gonna hurt tomorrow". I was right. I can barely move today.

No comments: