Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Steaming good time

I bought a garment steamer at Bed Bath and Beyond today. It was around $50. I had read reviews about this one by Conair that said it was as good as a commercial one. So I tried it out on my dress, and it worked SO well I couldn't believe it.
When I went to the seamstress last week, she told me that I'd need to pay to get my dress steamed twice. Once before the alterations to make sure the fabric hangs properly while they guage the alterations, then once more afterwards to prep it for the day. Each time it was $45. It worked so well that I might never iron anything ever again!
Barbie came over this evening to strap me into my dress. This one is PERFECT. The corset back looked a lot more like the picture using the smaller size, and if I happen to lose a few lbs it shouldn't be a problem.

No comments: