Sunday, July 24, 2005

We got up somewhat early today and went wake boarding on Lake Austin, it was just me, B and M. When we first got out there, the water was like glass. Of course, as it got later more and more boats showed up. We all had a pretty good run in the good water, though. M taught me to do fakies today. That's when you flip the board around so you're riding with your other foot forward. I crashed a few times in the beginning, and it feels really weird. Almost like learning to wakeboard all over again. But I got the hang of it and in no time was flipping fakies like it was no big deal. The flip isn't a problem once you get it, but cutting in and out of the wake is difficult. I didn't get the hang of that, but this gives me something to improve on over the remainder of the summer. I think if I just get more comfortable with my board, I'll be able to pull some pretty cool jumps in no time.
After wake boarding we went to a boat party on "The Arc". it was a lot of fun. A good combo of people were there and I enjoyed hanging out in the water, sunning myself on the rocks of the island like a gecko, and of course jumping off the top deck of the boat.
Next stop, Outback steak house with a bunch of friends. T's boyfriend works there so we're gonna go see if we can sit in his section. A good end to a fun weekend. It looks like a storm is coming. That would just be the icing on the cake right now!

No comments: