Wednesday, March 14, 2007

American Idol

I'll admit it. I have Idol fever. I sit glued to the TV and talk back when the judges give their crittique. I usually agree with Simon, and I waffle between annoyance and agreement with Paula because she's always trying to say something positive, and when she says things like "you look great", it's a thinly veiled insult. Now Simon, he tells it like it is. Sure he could use a little filtering so as not to be such an ass, but you gotta hand it to him, he usually has a good point. Randy used to be nice in past seasons, but this season he seems to have PMS or something. I like Randy, but he needs to tone down the "yo, you, check it out, yo dawg" after every song. Get a new hook, Randy. The Yo Factor is SO Vanilla Ice.

So here are my idols in order of preference:
  1. I predict that Melinda Dolittle will be the next American Idol. If she doesn't win, then either America is deaf, or the competition is seriously rigged. Love her!
  2. Next on my list is LaKisha. That girl's got some pipes. Though I find it hard to get past the fact that she kinda has a lisp when she sings.
  3. My #3 (and top choice for the guys) is Blake Lewis. I like him because he's different than the other guys, but honestly, I don't see him winning. Those are my top 3. I 'll be surprised (and disgusted) if any of them get voted off any time soon.
  4. Stephanie Edwards is pretty good, and probably the sexiest idol, but by far overshadowed by Melinda and LaKisha when it comes to singing. I don't think she's gonna go all the way.
  5. Chris Sligh reminds me of Meat Loaf for some reason. I think it might just be because his chin wobbles when he sings. I like his voice, and forgive me for this observation, but he's too fat to be an American Idol when we, as a country, are so wrapped up in looks. I do think he'll be in it for a while, though.
  6. Jordin Sparks is talented, but again, overshadowed by Melinda and LaKisa. I like her, but I don't think she's going to win.
  7. Brandon Rogers is super cute, but he forgot his words last night! I felt so bad for him. But that was not a good performance.
  8. I have an on again/off again relationship wtih Gina Glocksen. Last night I thought she did ok, but last week when she sand Evanescence I almost cried because it was SO BAD. But the judges loved it! What??? you people are TONE DEAF! she was way off key and completely murdered the song. I was embarassed for her.
  9. Haley Scarnato - I bet she can paint with all the colours of the wind! sounds like she should be singing for Disney, not on the American Idol stage. She's got absolutely no stage presence.
  10. Chris Richardson is way too boy-bandy for me. I hate how he constantly slides notes. He's like a female version of Mariah Carey. Completely overdone! I do think he has talent, but for some reason I don't like his face. He looks like a date-rapist to me.
  11. Phil stacey can sing nicely, but nothing to write home about, but there's something uber creepy about him when he sings. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just can't look at the TV when he's on. It's not like he's ugly, either. I just get a weird serial killer vibe.
  12. Sanjaya Malakar. Bitch, go home. I agree with Randy here. His hair is awesome, and that's about the only nice thing I can say about him.

No comments: