Tuesday, March 20, 2007

New shoes and tight abs!

The weekend was good. I spent a majority of my day on Saturday shopping with Barbie. We even spent 45 minutes at the Clarins counter where Barbie tried on new make up and the nice lady gave us samples and put make up on us. We left looking all kinds of glam! Then we met Brian and his parents in the mall. They were shopping at Sears and we all headed back to Barbie's to hang out and play some Fusball with Scott. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I bought a rockin' new pair of sandals (since all of my shoes are too tight now). They're a leopard print thong with a kitten heel. Super cute!
Saturday night Brian, the in-laws, and I went to my favourite Tex-Mex place, Papasitos, and had Fajitas, then Nick and Kitty came over and celebrated St. Patty's day with Irish Car Bombs and a chick flick (yes, we're old!). An Irish Car Bomb consists of half a pint of Guinness into which you drop a shot of Bailey's and Whiskey (usually Jaimeson, but we only had Makers Mark). The result is actually VERY yummy.
On Sunday Barbie took us to show off our new house to the parents. Of course they loved it, and we were so happy to be in our new house again. I'm a very visual person and can see all of my furniture in there in my mind, and all the potential it has for hanging new paintings and making improvements. I fall in love with the place all over again every time I go there. Oh, and I took the trampoline in the back yard for a test drive. Yes, they're leaving it for us. I've always wanted one!
After the house viewing we stopped for a quick sandwich and then went to San Marcos for a day of outlet mall shopping! We spent a good 5 hours browsing the shops. I found the perfect purse in the Coach store. It was $90, though, and I've never spent that much on a purse (or anything else for that matter), so I didn't get it :-( . I did, however get a nursing bra (yea, I know! I broke down and got one because it was super comfy), and two cute tops which Brian's mum picked out for me that look fabulous!.

Yesterday (Monday), we had a routine doctor's appointment. Things are progressing well with The Kid, and his hearbeat is around 150bpm, which is normal. When the doc was measuring the size of my uterus she said "Wow, you have very tight abs". She was having a hard time getting a good measurement because of my rock hard abs! That will make my trainer happy. The good thing about that is that I'll have good core muscles for all that pushing and undignified grunting that's in the near future (too much information, Wassim?).
The doc did chastise me for my shoe choice. While she agreed that the animal print, thong, kitten heels were adorable, she told me I should not be wearing anything with a heel because it will give me back problems and because all my joints are loose right now (because of the appropriately named hormone, "relaxin") that I ran a very high risk of falling off of them and spraining my ankle. And of course, the last thing I need is a repeat of our wedding day during pregnancy! So I guess I'll retire my awesome new shoes and maybe borrow Brian's dad's nursing shoes (sorry, Keith, couldn't resist the dig! HAHA).

So that was our weekend in a nutshell. Quality time spent with the family and lots of shopping. I wish work were running as smoothly. Maybe it's because it's a Tuesday, and I have back to back meetings from 8am to 4:30 pm, but I'm a big grumpy. I need me some kitty lovin'. Nikkieeeee! come see mummy!

No comments: