Sunday, March 04, 2007

Fun weekend had by all

Well, for the most part anyway, and I'll get to the un-fun part later. Brian went to San Antonio on Friday night for a soccer tournament that he played in on Saturday. He spent the night with his team hanging out, drinking beer, and spent the night in a hotel. On Saturday morning the team played two games. In the second game Brian scored an awesome goal that was one of the highlights of his adult soccer career. He dribbled the ball past over half of the opposing team and nailed it into the goal. Sweet!
Meanwhile I spent some time talking to some roofers. Apparently our roof has some minor wind damage so we're going to get it fixed. Then I spent the day shopping with Barbie. I didn't buy much because my ever changing shape is depressing to buy for, and impossible to predict. I can't even buy shoes because, apparently, my feet *might grow. Barbie had a pretty good retail day, though.
We received the list of repairs on our house that the buyers had requested, and agreed to fix all issues. They also asked for a $$ amount, which I countered at what I felt was a good compromise for all.
After Brian got home he spent a few hours on his hands and knees in the front yard as a result of us recieving a nastygram from the HOA about the weeds in our lawn. If our neighbours ratted us out, we don't really blame them... The weeds were big and I'm sure they were spreading to their lawn, too.
We then headed over to Jay and Erin's and met up with Mike and Tara and Erin fed us with yummy tacos before we headed downtown to celebrate Kitty's birthday, all stuffed into Jay's big ass truck.
We met Nick and Kitty and others, including Brett and Tiff, at the Key bar on 6th, then headed to 219 West where we were met by others. There's great people watching at that bar. Several bachelorette parties came in, along with a wedding party and two cougars that were dressed like hookers. I should make an honourable mention of Tiffeni's hair at this point. I cut it for her last week and added layers, which she's never had before. It looks SOOO great!
Around 1:30am we thought it was time to get some Ropolo's pizza. The outside temperature had dropped drastically so we found ourselves huddled up next to a gas heater outside the pizza wagon as we scoffed down late night pizza, then I got to drive everyone home in Jay's big-ass truck! Fun times!

On to the not so great stuff. Brian's now out of town for a week. I'm gonna miss him terribly. This will be the longest we've been apart in a couple of years. He's in California for a conference. We ran out to the outlet mall this afternoon to buy him some business-casual clothes to wear at the conference, then I dropped him off at the airport. I actually do like to spend time alone, in fact I often NEED to spend time alone, so I'll enjoy it, but at the same time I'll be very happy when my man returns.

And one final not so great thing, depending on your point of view. The house sale fell through. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say we're relieved to not be working with these buyers and are happy that they are now out of our lives. Our house is back on the market and hopefully we can get the right buyer for it this time around. A big fat thank you goes out to Barbie for being supportive and working so hard to almost close this deal. I feel confident that the next one will work out.

In the mean time, I'll work on making it perfect for the next lucky buyer by addressing a few very minor issues that the previous buyers had requested as a result of the inspection.

No comments: