Sunday, March 16, 2008

All by myself...

Well, technically I'm not all by myself, I have the cats and the boy with me, but my hubby has gone to a conference in California for the week so I am taking care of the family all by myself. We spent the weekend on quality family time. On Friday we went to Hill Country Pasta House for family date night. The food isn't all that great, but we like that it's out of the way and not too packed. It turns out that my old friend, Curtis, is bar tending there, so I caught him up on all the latest gossip and introduced him to my boys.
On Saturday Trent and I napped together on the couch, something I never do. It felt so great to take a nap! I need to do it more often. Saturday night Brian and I took Trent for a long walk in our neighbourhood while we enjoyed a beer and wine, and listened to country music on the iPod attachment on Trent's jogger. It may sound like a lame way to spend a Saturday evening for some, but we had so much fun together. I know I've said that I don't like country music, and that's still true to a degree, but I actually do enjoy listening to it when Brian sings to it, even though he's completely tone deaf, because it makes him happy. Country music reminds him of his dad and brother, and that makes it cool. So while you won't catch me ever listening to it on my own, I'm starting to open up to it a little more.
Today, after Brian left, Trent and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and picked up a new shower caddy, a nutcracker, and some white sheets, then we went for a long run again. That makes 7 days in a row that I've worked out, which is totally unheard of, and I'm not doing it to meet any kind of weight loss goal, but rather, because it's been very convenient for me to be active this past week. During our run Trent passed out in his stroller which enabled me to take a quick shower before he woke up. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon playing in his room. Trent really loves the Beatrix Potter blocks that Daz and Mel sent him. He giggles so hard when I build him a tower with them and he pushes it over. The game we like to play is where I build the tower, and Trent knocks it over before I get he last block on! While Trent played I took some pictures of him.
Trent passed out pretty early this evening, and I'm hoping that doesn't mean that he's going to get up super early in the morning. Right now he and both the cats are sleeping next to me. It sounds like a great idea, so I think I will join them :-)

No comments: