Monday, March 24, 2008

Welcome Aria Elizabeth!

We've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of Trent's new "cousin", Aria. She was due on St. Patrick's day but decided that she wasn't ready for her debut just yet. This morning, Aria was born at 8:13 am and she's absolutely stunning.
Barbie and I went to visit this morning and saw her and her daddy in the nursery right when we walked in. Brian was so impressive in the way he handled her. Like he'd being doing that for years. I was tearing up just watching him with her. Grandma Liz was so excited to see us and so excited about her new grand-baby.
Michelle was looking great when we went in to see her. Very alert, good colour, smiling. We stayed for a couple of hours and all took turns holding Aria when Brian brought her in. Barbie and I couldn't stop staring at her, she's so pretty. Brian was cracking me up with his impressions of what might have been going through Aria's mind as she was dreaming in his arms. It was hard to tear ourselves away from them, but they need to get some rest. Barbie and I both fell in love with her the moment we held her. I can't wait to introduce Trent and Aria, and I can't wait till Barbie's little rug-rat joins the pack!
Fun times!
Pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/trent.bauman/CousinAriaElizabeth

No comments: