Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Idol Chatter

Ok, first things first, what the hell was Paula wearing? Sequins and fingerless leather long gloves? Seriously?

Ramielle's redition of Heart's "Alone": She missed quite a few of the high notes, though she sounded great on the lower notes. I think Carly would have done a much better job of that song. She's still a major fashion criminal, though.
Jason Castro's version of Sting's "How fragile we are" was ok. I liked it, but it wasn't awesome. I still find him to be a little forgettable.
Sayesha Mercado. Ok, I REALLY liked her performance this week. She sung the crap out of that song! Every note was perfect. That's what I was expecting out of her.
Chikezie I thought it was ok. Not earth shattering or anything. He seems a little awkward on the stage.
Brooke White delivered a pretty solid performance. She has a good voice, but it always sounds the same. No variance, really.
Michael Johns - Still a fan. I love Queen and I really liked his performance of it, except he missed a few of the higher notes, which I guess is becoming my pet peeve. I can forgive him for it because a) he's cute, b) he sang Queen, and c) most of the song was good. But if you're gonna sing a song with notes that high, make sure you can damn well hit them or go home!
Carly Smithson - I liked her performance of Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse" a lot, except the end... that last note was a bit off. I was not a huge fan of her outfit.
David Archuleta - I'm so sure he's gonna win! He's so talented. Though this wasn't his best performance. I just think he's gonna get the teenage girl vote.
Christy Lee Cook - I hated her song choice. Poor girl just keep picking cheesy-ass songs. She deserves to go home.
David Cook - His rendition of Billy Jean was really interesting. It started off kinda wierd for me, but I got into it by the middle, and by the end I preferred it to the original. He's definitely the most original of all of them.

My top three this week in order of preference based purely on performance:
David Cook
Syesha Mercado
Michael Johns

Bottom three:
Christy Lee Cook
Ramiele Mulabay
Jason Castro

No comments: