Monday, March 13, 2006

Busy weekend again

We just try to cram so much into our weekends. I find myself living for the weekends. This weekend is no exception. On Friday night we went to Red Robin to celebrate Brian's birthday. We had a great group for dinner and the burgers were really good. We had the patio pretty much to ourselves. After dinner we headed to Graham Central Station where several more of our friends were waiting for us. No trip to GCS is complete without some Kareoke. Though my voice is completely fried from this stupid bronchitis. I sang Aretha Franklin's "Chain of fools". Tiff showed her pole dancing skills in the Coyote Ugly-knock-off bar and the crowd was pretty impressed. Someone gave her a tip.

On Saturday morning Brian played soccer and I went to the Texas Rodeo to see Ethan run his very first race. It was a hot day and a great turnout for the kids' 1K run. Jenn ran with Ethan while I stood by with the stroller and both cameras at the ready. Ethan finished the race on his own two feet, which is more than I observed of most of the other kids in his age group who were carried over the line by parents or in thier strollers. Not my Ethan. Jenn said he did throw a bit of a fit though because he wanted me to run too. Awh! he loves his auntie.

Afterwards Brian and I went to a little coffee shop bakery where our friend Stephen works as a pastry chef. We had lunch and spent some time chatting with Stephen before returning home to do some chores. I cleaned house while Brian weeded the lawn which was much needed since ours looks like the crappiest lawn on the block.

Around 5:30 we headed downtown to meet our friends for sushi at Kyoto, then we went to Fado for a round of Irish Car Bombs which are awesome! They're a pint of Guness and a shot of Baileys and Jaimeson Whiskey. You drop the shot into the guiness and drink it fast. It kinda tasted like chocolate milk. Afterwards we headed to Stubbs for the Matisyahu concert. It was a great concert. Brian and I had only heard one of his songs and assumed he was jamaican, however, he was completely NOT jamaican and was in fact an ascetic jew!! we were not expecting that. It worked, though. He was awesome. We also saw Brian's friend Tracey at the concert. She went up to the front to get a few pics with her new camera. They came out really well! My feet were killing me by the end of the night because we stood at the concert for hours! Brian had to drive home because my feet hurt so bad.

Sunday was another eventful day. We ran errands and Brian took care of the lawn. He overhauled the lawnmower by changing the oil and putting in a new blade, then he fertilized the lawn and watered it, then took care of the seals on the top of his car. Meanwhile I put the finisheing touches on my wedding dress, which was to finish sewing the bustle loop on it and reinforce the halter straps. The bustle loop came out better than I'd imagined. It's virtually invisible when down and looks beautiful when up.

I had a little freak out moment yesterday too. Mostly about weight gain. I'm not eating excessively, and I"m working out consistently and employing all the techniques my friend Jason told me to do. But I still have this little fat roll around my waist that will not go away! I'm going to monitor my diet for the next month or so with a spreadsheet and see where I'm going wrong. Of course, my freak out included a 2 hour trip to the gym to try and get a head start on getting rid of it.

We rounded off the weekend with a thin crust pizza from costco (only 720 cals for whole pizza) and watched a movie.

No comments: