Sunday, March 19, 2006

It seems like I only ever update this to talk about my weekends. No exception today. It's late Sunday night. We've spent the weekend with friends, running errands, and doing chores. Friday night was spent having dinner then drinks with Mike, Tara, Erin, & Tiff at Little Woodrows. It was St. Patrick's day. What's funny about St. Patrick's day here in America is that everyone seems to celebrate it. Yet you can go into a pub in Ireland on St. Paddy's and it's the same as any other day.
On Saturday I took Jenn downtown to retrieve her car. An excellent decision to leave it there after a few too many drinks. I will help any of my friends who need a sober ride home or a ride to retrieve a car the next day if it means they don't drive drunk.
When I got back Brian and I did a little shopping for a bridal shower gift for our friends who are getting married on April Fools day. Brian had a soccer game in the afternoon in the rain, and I headed to the gym to get a head start on burning all the calories I would consume at Salt Lick later on. The bridal shower was wonderful! we met so many great new people, and got to hang out with Amy, who I hadn't seen in forever, and meet her man. We didn't gorge ourselves like we usually do at Salt Lick, though, and we left with an unusual pleansantly satisfied feeling in our bellies, which is not our usual state when leaving there. We stopped for ice cream on the way home.
Today we headed to Cosco for our normal staples and headed home for some house cleaning, followed by movies and cuddling, dinner, and more movies and cuddling. We did make an attempt to contact the lady we're hoping will be our maid, but with no luck. I'll try again tomorrow. I keep putting it off but honestly, the time I spend cleaning the house is much better spent in pursuit of fun or the perfect pair of sandals. Life's too short to spend it cleaning.
There's a band of storms coming through the area as I write. Tornado watches in effect until 4am. I love a good storm, so long as it doesn't damage my house or hurt anybody.

No comments: