Thursday, March 30, 2006

Wedding chatter

Ok, it's been a while since I've done any wedding chatter, so today is all about that! Brian and I submitted all of our paperwork to the Domincan Republic Embassy and have received all of the legalized and translated documentation back.

Brian scanned the documents and emailed me a PDF (thank you Brian) and I sent that to our wedding planner, Melanie, at the resort. She said that it all is in order and we are now legally ready to marry in the Dominican Republic. What a relief that is. the process to get all of the paperwork was actually quite easy and painless, thanks to Isabel Gonzales of WeDo.com.

Today Melanie confirmed our reception in the Marlin restaurant, which is upstairs and is open air (though it does have a roof) and has a gorgeous ocean view. We had other options and other menu choices, but Brian and I liked this one the best. You can view the menu by clicking here.

I just have to gush a little about working with Melanie. She's been super responsive to all of my emails and questions (which actually weren't that many - but promptness counts), and she even waived the fee for our reception because of the large number of people attending. That's a nice bit of savings that we can apply to our wedding photographer or something.

I said at the beginning of all this that I will consider my wedding planning venture a success if the only tears I shed are tears of joy during the ceremony. So far this has held true!

I am a Zen bride :-)

1 comment:

Mandie said...

I checked and we can get whatever we want for the kids menu! we can settle on what that is when we get there! We can't wait to see you. The waiting is killing us!